pinto cam

2FKNLO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate did some and the rest at A1 head specilist in Rotorua. I dont recomend them at all tho.

You may need lash caps. Without them you will have to have the tappets wound to far up meaning fark all adjustment and aparently its not good. Plus will make the clearances fucked up to get right.

those lash caps sorta extend the valve stem length aye? think i remember readin about them in my "how to power tune ford sohc" pdf

just gonna run it with std carb for now aye

Thats what I am doing. Rejetted.

I also have a single 45 I and am trying to source a single 45 manifold at the mo. That should be a slightly better carb without using too much extra gas like twin 45s would.

Yeap thats what they do. They arnt needed in the 2l heads. You can go without as I supose most amatures would.

I think you need to send me that .pdf :twisted: ..... please.

yeah man ill send it when im in tokoroa again. forgot to bring my cds when i moved up to hamilton..

Yeap thats what they do. They arnt needed in the 2l heads. You can go without as I supose most amatures would.

I think you need to send me that .pdf :twisted: ..... please.

yeah man ill send it when im in tokoroa again. forgot to bring my cds when i moved up to hamilton..

Sweet, cheers man.

anything bigger than a fast road cam should use lash caps, can't remember the specs as I haven't used a big cam for years.

Oh so basically if your building a race engine. Those cams are pretty shocking on road from what ive heard. Did you used to run one on the road RT?

mine wasn't a full race cam.. back then they called them 3/4 race cams. It had 300degress of duration and I think 280 lift or something I can't remember the specs.

yeah I ran it on the road. It idled at 2000rpm and sounded like a tractor. It also lost power down low.. but sounded grunty as when you put your foot down and loved the highway.

ah.. what fun. It poured through the gas! he heh