pinto cam

2FKNLO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks dude. use new standard ones. would anyone know prices of them by any chance? and another question bout the 2L with 1600 head. does porting drop compression? ive given my 1600 a light port(taken out sharp edges etc) gonna chuk it on 2L 205 block with the fast road cam

Why use new ones. I rebuilt my head and used the standard ones. They usually pretty sweet. New is always good tho I supose.

What I did to my 1600 head...

-Enlarged the exhaust valves to use 2.0litre valves

-Replaced the cam bearings

-Removed material from the combustion chamber (this is what drops the compression)

-You will want to use lash caps as the valves will be too short.

-Smoothed of the sharp edges etc but tried not to go to radical as it is very possiable to fuck it up with pinto heads

-Adjustable cam gear to set the timing to suit the re-profiled high lift cam shaft

-um, refaced the lifters to match the cam grind I got.

thats bout it.

For the combustion chamber you want to take 3ccs off each chamber and this will take ya compression ratio to about 10.9:1. Will prob need to run 98 fuel to stop detonation.

Oh yeah and I wouldnt even bother putting the 1600 head on unless you have done at least something to the compression chambers. Otherwise the 205 block wont last long at all... thats if you can get it tuned right without our fav lil friend Avgas :twisted:

oh what that sux then. did you remove do the work to drop your compression or did a shop? and did you replace the camshaft bearings yourself as well? just wondering if i could have a go at it. ive got new cam bearings and lifters that come to suit the cam grind.

yeah man suprised me too

One less thing to do then which is awsome. Has it already been on a car or have you not run it before? Is it running Lash caps?

Sounds like youll have very similar engine to mine. Remember youll need to rejet the carb to suit also to get the most out of it.

A mate did some and the rest at A1 head specilist in Rotorua. I dont recomend them at all tho.

You may need lash caps. Without them you will have to have the tappets wound to far up meaning fark all adjustment and aparently its not good. Plus will make the clearances fucked up to get right.

bah yeah nasty ol tokoroa dont have places to get that shit done. anyone know a good place in ham town to get sum stuff done for got prices? damn

Im from Rotorua. That A1 place is in Rotorua. They pretty shit tho.

was thinkin about buying one of them too. is it easy wiring it up in there?

Yeap, basically bolt on. Just have to do a bit of rewiring because as they are they dont return the 12v to coil when you turn key. I can explain how to rewire if you need.

I cant find any info on A1. Its called "A1 cylinder head specilists" Maybe they went out of buisness or sumthng. They are pretty useless cunts.

Also the starter motors sound mean. Real grunty.

What carbs ya going to run?