sulphur aditives?

davidian

I also noticed the international way of spelling international has changed to internation... Is that being pedantic? :lol:

Ha! I realised that after I wrote it and was waiting for someone to pick up on it, dug myself a hole that time :oops:

Back on topic now...

OK then...

I thought the problem was that injector seals shrunk and let excess fuel into the cylinder causing over rich condition = lots of smoke and loss of power

I'd look at Redline Diesel Treatment (Try BNT?) as an option...

I did a little looking into this and asking around at work... Apparently no one knows for sure. However the best theory I have found =

Im probaly wrong with the additive bit above (hell it was a guess)

But, back when they removed lead from the fuel some seals shat themselves because they were natural rubber. To get the same preformance from lead free petrol the levels of toluene style stuff (very harsh solventy stuff) was upped. Natural rubber doesnt like this at the best of times.... so some seals died and people were unhappy....

If they have done something similar this time around (in diesel this time). Then the older natural rubber seals will crap themselves....

Either way, I still think you will struggle to find an additive for deisel that will do more good than harm to the seals.