Ke70 springs

droppdkp

Hey there wondering what to do about the springs in my ke70.

I have cuts in the front and rear but the back is captive using wagon shocks. This leaves the front still illegal and I'm looking at my options.

I'm thinking shortened struts, or possibly using a different insert. But then after trying to sell my king springs, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=54887449, some guy on the auction reckons they'll fit if i change the top hats.

Someone help cause I'm going cccrrraaazzzyyyy over this.

I'm pretty sure you can buy new ae8* ones and they are shorter and still use your existing top hat. Look into it, I was going to do it on my old corona. Other than that actually shortening the shocks can be done for very little, but its probably cheaper and easier to buy new shocks.

Any suspension place will list them, just get the measurement from top to bottom and make sure they will hold it captive.

So u reckon that these ae8x inserts will keep my cuts captive?

Possibly, just ring a suspension shop and they will tell you the insert diameter - whether it will fit into your strut, and the extended length - you can make sure this is shorter than you existing insert by getting the length of your one from them, and checking yours aswell just to make sure that it does have a ke70 one already and that it hasn't been changed.