ECU remapping/custom chips north island

Sparkle

Ive been in contact with the guy @ superchips this morning, he comes to your house to install a base map chip, wherever you are in the country. Will re-tune the chip how you want it. Will come to your house to re-tune it again for free if need be. $950 inc. Sounds fukn awesome to me.

Does sound awsome. Cheap also.

Ive been in contact with the guy @ superchips this morning, he comes to your house to install a base map chip, wherever you are in the country. Will re-tune the chip how you want it. Will come to your house to re-tune it again for free if need be. $950 inc. Sounds fukn awesome to me.

So what are they guaranteeing?

Will they guarentee the chip will work with HP gains and driveability, and what happens if it doesnt work? Refund monies, fix damage?(and of course you want it in writing rather than verbal!)

The last specs for a E34 535 that was chipped claimed a 30bhp increase.

Once you saw the dyno sheet, it was a mid range HP increase and there was only a few HP at the top end. The dyno sheet also showed that the delivery was a bit erratic.

I've heard a few horror stories of chips only increasing fuelling and upping the red-line, so all you really gain is a bigger fuel bill and a shorter engine life.

One of the ex Mechanics at Page European was trying to sell me a chip for ours, here was making all sorts of HP/torque claims, and when grilled on the subject, got down to it works really well on emission control 525s (like ex Japan cars). When it came to show me the dyno sheets for my model car, show me the benefits of my $900 spent and what are you prepared to guarantee, he wasnt quite as noisy on the subject.

yeah was going to go through all that before i even thought of doing it, not that thick. Really! He told me it would be best to install the chip, wait 300-400 kms, get it dyno'd and then he'll tune to that. It does seem to good to be true, but ill research it fully.

Honestly, go megaquirt. Build it yourself, tune it yourself, learn some new stuff and save some money!

http://www.diyautotune.com

Dont worry about all the sensors, as your motor is already efi it has all of them - all you need to do is set the resistance curves in megatune. There are guides / programs out there to help you with this.

I'm guessing its AFM though, but meh, with MS you can get rid of it cos it is MAP based.

some bmw success stories here -

http://www.msefi.com/viewforum.php?f=56

I plan to get one for my project soon