NA pinto vs Turb pinto price up

Gaz

Some may be interested. Just did a quick mock up. Pprob forgoten stuff as I have never built a turbo pinto before. Some of the prices are from trademe also. Coments and missed items welcome unless from homo c*ntz.

11ve1.png

you dont really need the disks and calipers in there, important but not part of making a motor

Was a price up for a mate and he wanted to do brakes. Thats just a price for brand new sport discs and AP calipers.

$1000 for an intercooler?

evo 3 standard front mount or something like that would save you abit of money. wont look as nice tho i suppose

edit: or be as big or efficient

A vr4 or evo intercooler would be perfect for a pinto turbo. Any bigger I would say a waste of time.

$1000 was to include a $250 intercooler and all the stainless piping and bends. If you cant weld then this is about the right price.

Perhaps you should check out custom fuel rail and shit like RT, you know. Computer and all. Carbs are shit for turbos. just ask zep haha.

yep forget carbs and turbos I don't know how many times I keep saying it people just can't resist finding out for themselves lol.

I found a list of what I spent on my first turbo setup which was on a factory engine.

Radiator $125

Alternator $65

mazda intake manifold $250

Piping and alloy $30

Battery cable $30

Battrey box $35

Alloy plating $85

Gaskets/belt $133

Coil, plugs, bearings $210

hose connections $30

Injector flush cleaned, labour for piping and intake $250

Fuel rail $150

Link resistor $90

turbo and manifold $550

Testing and setup $190

Link EMX $500

Wiring loom, smartlink decoder and temp sensor $146

VR4 intercooler, $370

BOV $250

Welding $150

Ignitor module $150

Link plug $20

Air filter and connections, hosing, $220

Elec fuel pump $258

Total $4287

this was on a completely standard pinto. So it was all turbo setup costs.

Since then I sold the turbo and bought a bigger one, sold the computer and bought a newer one, chrome work, bigger injectors, bigger alternator and a rebuilt engine worth about $6,000

so u can see how all this would cost about 10 grand and that was building most of it myself. It all adds up eh. :shock:

but thats cars for you.

Perhaps you should check out custom fuel rail and shit like RT, you know. Computer and all. Carbs are shit for turbos. just ask zep haha.

yep forget carbs and turbos I don't know how many times I keep saying it people just can't resist finding out for themselves lol.

Well I found out for myself and it was fine never had to fuck with it at all. But yeah injection if far better and I'm doing that now.

Yeah thats good. With a brand new standard engine build also that would be a similar price to the turbo setup I priced but better. Fuck im not going to do it anyways. If I was I would do injected as I have all the sierra injection stuff. It was a price for a mate.

Didint you do cam gear on ya first engine? I thought it was a big thing for the turbo pintos?

About the mazda intake manifold you used. Was that of a telstar? I have one in my garage that I was playing with years ago. They look very close to pinto manifold patern. Is this what you used and still use?

nah didn't do anything to the first engine... the cam isn't important on a turbo engine really anyway.

nah i originally bought a mazda 1600 turbo manifold and i was gonna cut and shut it to suit. But then it just was too much hassle and easier just to make an alloy one from scratch. So I used the injectors and the fuel pressure reg and throttbod off the mazda.

Well I found out for myself and it was fine never had to fuck with it at all. But yeah injection if far better and I'm doing that now.

Yours isnt intercooled tho is it?