engine swap in sr corolla

Guest nickster

Guest nickster

i have a 77 sr coupe and wanting to put it a 4agze or 4age in it. just wanted to know if anyone has done it and what it takes. like cutting for a t50 gearbox or w55 which is better also? what crossmembers are needed and any modifications to them. dont worry about the ecu i got that covered. also has anyone here swapped anything in an sr and what did they put in.

i've had 2 with 18rg's. i didn't put them in myself so i don't know what engine mounts were used or anything, but in both cases i was using mid 80's supra/celica steel case 5 spedds and GT corona diffs.

they are a very tight fit leaving no room for air cleners on the sidies.

www.reardrive.co.nz they sell bellhousings for cheaper than 800. think they do a w55 combo too. w55's are way stronger than t50s but you will have to hammer out your tunnel a tad.

reardrive = mega.... juat had a look round his site and saw pics of portions of my '86, thast cunt bought it off me etc...

yeah me mates one is sitting in my garage. ke30 4age. was built by someone in invercargill and made its way up here.. we swapped in an ae82 4age after original 4age died, kept all the fwd bits on it too cept intake and exhaust manifs.. mounted remote thermostat under intake and added a spigot bearing and put on t50 etc

some info here.. i can answer Q's if needed.

http://www.toycrazy.net/gallery/corolla/jd/jdke30.htm

i've also stripped a 35 4age conversion and put it in my ke25 SR coupe which is tighter fit than a 35. see my website link