fibreglass flares and cutting guards

Guest tt141

just thought id ask has anyone cut out ther back guards that have a double skin? do you have to get the edges welded together? and whats the deal with needing a cert for that? i heard you had to but not sure.

thinkin about doing it to fit some wheels and bolting on some of those fibreglass flares overtop. what do yall reacon about them?

1. Yes you have to get the edges welded, put a strip of plate in rather than bodging it.

2. Cert? Don't know - but I bet you do (cos it's fun, anything fun = cert IMHO). Just ring your local cert man, they are on the LVVA website, they are actually helpful people (cos they want your $).

in the back the two skins are right next to each otheras far as i need to cut it so would i still need to get it welded?

a guy in whangarei makes pretty universal one that can be made to fit on heaps of cars for about $160 for four

fibre glassing isnt hard, well, its do-able. you could give it a go yourself? the fibre glassing that is. just make a nice mould out of foam or something and make 4 flares that are identical. or make 2 moulds, back and front...

dont know about the cutting etc.. but about the cert, not 100% but there is a site, ask WDE BDY :P , but my front guards aren't considdered structural and can do anythingt i like with them (including giant rust holes)

ring around.