21 members have voted

1. 1. Tints?

• yeah 5%
    • 20%
    • 35%
    • mirrors
    • nah, tints are gay
    • aint got windows

RT, aswell as you toyota fellas. What would need to be done to fit a s12 or any other common supercharger to a pinto 2.0. I would love to do the Retrotech turbo setup but way to co$tly for me. All info and ideas appreciated.

Belts?

Custom brackets?

Tubing-manifolds? anything ya can think of

p.s what about to a mini a series? :)

imo SC is the most cost effective power mod.

effectively half the amount of work as a turbo setup I reckon. The main thing involved is Efi. I would concentrate on getting this sorted first and after that the rest is piss easy.

you just make a bracket to mount the alternator lower and the SC fits nicely on the alternator bracket. See here:

http://www.retrotech.co.nz/rides/mk1cap ... /capri.htm

Could just go carb setup, efis pretty expensive manly cause of th cost of a comp, but efi is definatly more tuneable. Would be cheap as doing a carbi s/c set up. Just need to set up a carb, say 32/36 for boost, get an air box wielded up for the carb, some piping work done. Make brackets for the s/c and et up some sorta belt tensioner and your away.

Def

Yeah I'd probably stick with the Carb-I have three 32/36's in my garage. Doesn't sound to bad so far with what you gouys are saying. Just bought the 'How to power tune' Ford pintos book off trademe. Will have a read through that for info on S-charging.