LPG

CaMpylobacter

That was when everyone started getting their cars converted to LPG in 2001, I was working at a Servo and remember customers talking about it. Of course, unless you do HEAPS of K's it won't save you any money.

Of course if you've got a V8 or something that common with LPG it would be cheaper as 2nd hand units are available

It's not a power upgrade dude... but you can make LPG have some power rather than bugger all which is the misconception.

you need to have a dedicated setup like my Falcon for power, but it won't be as good as petrol.

sorry RT you seem abit missinformed dude . you can make big power on lpg but as u say it has to b a lpg dedicated system. there are a couple of lpg turbo cars bustin the 1000 hp mark in aussie at the mo. the secret on a n/a car is to up the comp to 13.1 and use a air research lpg carb together with a proper lpg cam and electronic ign . lpg burns heaps cleaner than petrol too so no carbon deposits . lpg's a bit like methanol it burns slower than petrol so ya need hi comp and plenty of flow. it works great on forced induction motors as its hard to get it to preignite[detonate] so ya can run lots of advance and lots of boost at the same time. the only disadvantages are its not at every service station and ya have an extra 100kgs in ya boot and the tank looks a bit like a bomb and could behave just like one in a crash :lol: but i think to build a system like that would cost a bit more than $3000 prolly more like 8-10

..yes I know you can make big power on LPG.

But it's not a performance mod for an engine was all I was saying as Cam seemed to suggest that perhaps LPG would have more power potential.

My LPG Falcon has advanced ignition and a skimmed head etc etc. goes pretty well. But not as well as a petrol eqivilant.

ah yes sorry grasshopper :D youll prolly find that ya coon hasnt got enough comp to take full effect of the gas. is it still using the original carb and a mixer as well? the gas research carbs are like a ida they dont have a mixer i think they use some kind of metering device based on air flow

nah its what the master called his young student. not that your my student we were just laughing about it at work today just sort of stuck in my mind[prolly to many ados fumes] :lol:

ahh yes, young grasshopper, you learn well, but you must conecentrate your energies.

Fuck I must be old too.. not as old as you though :P:D