whats wrong with my g/box

Ned

hello guys. what's wrong with my gear box? i noticed 2 days ago that when i push the clutch in that something rattles and it sounds like its coming from the g/box / clutch area.

Starting last night, it wont let me get into gears and i have to literally PULL ity out of gears even when the clutch is pushed in...

i also have to slam it into gears now and again... all the gears work and the clutch seems to work to...

WHATS WRONG? :oops:

mighta busted the cap and selectors on top of the box.. did that in my 4dr esky.. then it got stuck and 1st and after i got it into neutral it was stuck.. the gearstick then proceeded to freely rotate if i pushed it and when i finally got it back into first it was the new home of reverse.. not a fun day

This doesn't explain the rattling but maybe a strand of your clutch cable has snapped. The cable is 3 wires wound together and maybe just one of them has snapped. It would feel like your not pushing the pedal fully in. Also the pedal will have dropped towards firewall by a couple 20mm or so.

Otherwise maybe your thrust bearing isn't attached to the pull arm properly.