rear tyres rubbing but dont make sense

WildPlumDx

well until today my tyres didnt rub but since i jacked it up took out the bumpys chopped down put them back in which has nothing to do with shifting the diffs position or whatever happened one sides super close the the guard where as the other side has loads of room before hand they where even spaced i took both wheels off jacking one side at a time anyways my question is how the heck does this happen! and how do i fix it !? cheers

sounds like you need to adjust your panhard rod. its the one that comes down from one side of the car to the diff on the other side (assuming thats a sedan KE70 with springs and struts rather than leaf suspension in the rear like the wagon's), it locates the diff in the centre but once you lower the car to far it pushes it out to the side instead. what you need is a shorter panhard rod which will locate the diff in the centre again. you'll probably need to shell out for an adjustable one to get it sitting perfect, its not really the sort of thing you'd want to do a rough welding job on.

as for why it was sitting right before and not now???? wouldn't have a clue, maybe its sitting just that little bit lower with the shortened bump stops so now its noticeable, maybe you bent your panhard rod while you were working on the car??? just guessing though

cheers

Matt

yeah its a ke70 wagy should have said that whopps anyways yeah nah i made dead sure the u bolts where tight when i lowered it bout a month ago but i will check em' tomorrow the tyre was so close to the guard anyways maybe 2mm if that and it didnt rub but now it does oh plus does it take alot to crack ur chassis coz my bumpys where 10mm away from the diff and was bottoming out was like that for a month but when it bottomed out it was like BANG didnt feel to bad only did it sometimes anyways finally chopped the bumpys no problems at all now but yeah i'd say it would take loads to crack it but i'm a little paranoid on that one cheers for ur help guys!

just found something guttering cant keep my wagy as low as it is coz even with chopped bumpys it still bottoms out sucks! gonna have to take it up 1/12 inches GRRRRRR stupid leaf springs there harderened and reset too how do u get a ke70 wagy LOW AS without crappy problems right now i hate my car grrrr.........should have got a sedan