mk1 cortina

Guest 66 cortiner

You can get them second hand just about anywhere, trademe always has some. Most common one you will find is the 32/36 which came out on most 1600's and a few other cars. You will probably need to get it reconditioned which is always expensive, especially if you need to get it re-jetted to suir your 1500, think upwards of $140. The carbs themselves are cheap though, $30 - $100 depending on condition. You will most likely need a new manifold to suit aswell, is your 1500 crossflow?

I have both a manifold and a 32/36 for sale but im pretty sure the carb has a leak in it somewhere.

Yeah it would have come with a 28/36 .... but apparently they are quite sort after and rare...

1500s were preXflow

32/36 will do the trick... should be abel to use the same manifold as the 28/36 i think... not sure though... pushrod?

yeah i was running a 28/36 and it went really well it just drinks alot of gas $20 gas i was getting 100km.

i'm now changing from that to twin 40 dellotos.

if you want to go to sidedrafts DONT get the manafold from Autoquip as it doesnt fit. I have gone for the from burton power. and it ends up being about the same price as getting 1 from here.

yeah i was running a 28/36 and it went really well it just drinks alot of gas $20 gas i was getting 100km.

i'm now changing from that to twin 40 dellotos.

if you want to go to sidedrafts DONT get the manafold from Autoquip as it doesnt fit. I have gone for the from burton power. and it ends up being about the same price as getting 1 from here.

lol. if you think that drunk the gas wait till you get twin carbs :P