Sigma lsd

isnowi

i just got me an '81 sigma, i know its not strictly old school but it is old, shitty and rwd, anyway, i'm setting the car up for a bit of track action as well as some shingle too, and i would really like an lsd for it, does anyone know of any easy/cheap options, or even if the centre form something else will bolt in? Cheers in advance.

ill post up some piccys as soon as ik get it back together.. :oops:

i'm in wellington, i'd appreciate it if you do have a look, the other thing i thought as a possibility was adapting the centre out of something like a vr4 or similar, and still using the sigma casing, but i don't know the first thing about the sizing etc.. anyhow gotta get new headlights first of all, damn cracked lens.. grrr.

BTW i like your celeste, very cool..

i'm not 100% sure that sigma's are the same but they'd be pretty close.

this is the info i've put together trying to find an lsd for my EX lancer which is running a disc brake diff from an EX1800, i've heard these are the same as sigma rear disc brake diffs (sedan's, i think the wagons are leaf spring but the centre's might be the same) but can't confirm.

not all of these cars have lsd's but 'apparently' all the nz new starions did

the very early starions (81ish) that have a live rear axle have an lsd centre that will bolt straight in.

the later starion lsd centre's (IRS) can be fitted but some machining needs to be done (don't ask me what, i haven't done it............... yet, still looking for a diff)

some of the 4WD L300's have rear lsd centre's that 'apparently' fit, i've been trying to find one but they don't seem to be that common.

i've also heard rumours of pajero centre's being machined to fit, there's a conversation in the tech section of Austarion at the moment but nothing confirmed yet.

thats about it, occasionally they come up for sale but they are rare and the rally guys are generally willing to pay a decent price for them so if you find one snap it up. the last one's (proper 2nd hand EX2000 lancer one's imported from japan) i heard of for sale went for about $800 so if you find a cheap one you're lucky, that said there was an EX1800 full rear diff on trademe a while back that i think sold for about $350.

i think the best thing to do is to take your centre along to a friendly mitsi wreckers and see what you can find that matches, hopefully you'll get lucky.

cheers

Matt