paint jobs

Guest badgte

The amount of paint all depends on how many coats you are going to do!

Pearl can be used so many differant ways. Using in clear coat is a good idea because you dont need much of it.

The next cheapest way is to do a a few base coats with no pearl and then use the pearl mixed in on the last coats.

Or you can go the next step and have the pearls mixed for all the coats like mine.

Or you could go big daddy kane and just use pearls.

I think the buzz with paint curing over time is more for the finished item before you cut it back. My painter said some hot rod boys paint their cars and then sit them for a year before a cut. Thats what im doing :D

mine is a three layer pearl(candy) and it cost 5k(and that was with a 3k discount) through my mates panelbeating shop and that was just for the painting and associated materials!

but i guess at the end of the day you get what you pay for.....and mine is f$@king awesome.

Leaving paint for so long is only because the car is in the shed and being re-assembled, hense buffing when its ready to go on the road, which takes out any scratches and oil n shit that have happend while its being re-assembled. its more likely to turn to complete shit if you leave it for ages. and just a note, dont ever attempt to spray 2k without a booth, the hardner is packed full of isocyanates which = death unless you have an air fed respirator and air suitably clean enough for it.

I have a name of a guy whos an awesome painter in Hamilton, he can do airbrushing or just plain painting, he provided me with the glitter flake and stuff, and he knows what hes doing :)

I supose everyone is going to think their painter is good.

Supose the real way to tell is the price. Its not really how good they paint but how well its prepared and the workshop. The price is the best indication to the work that will be done and outcome.

true, but thats all it is, an indication.

the guys who did my sport the first time around did it just like any other job, and was done at their body shop in their booth.. i was there for the whole job.. went over it soo many times lol..

just got shit all in the way of labour cost.. not much over the cost of paint..

I've seen many jobs done by amatuers at home that have turned out mint, I am going this way, except I got a few mates in the trade which can help spray as well.

Guest MrKE30RE

Im a car painter in invercargill but moving to chch next year in feb. anyone keen on a paint job message me and i'll quote u up. beta with a pic of the car tho