L200 4g63t conversion help,fml

Jcfabworks

Hey guys. I have done a lot of cross researching between this forum and minitruckin. 

I have come to a cross roads and wondering if someone can please she'd some light.

I have a gen 2 l200 that's had the 2.6 astron ii shit it's bearings so I biffed that. Got a 4g63t out of a friend's rvr. I purchased a narrow box 4g63 sohc gearbox that I just bolted up to the engine. Gone to slap it in and everybody has made it sound like the gearbox crossmember just bolts back in the same place. 

My engine is hard on the firewall and the crossmember is 60 or so mm away from the firewall. I'm about to make a adapter for it but just want to see if someone knows of a way to make her bolt up normally .

Thanks in advance!!

Probably something to do with converting from an Astron which is a much longer motor. Bolt up the gearbox cross member to the gearbox and chassis then see if flipping the mounts side to side makes it any better. 

I'm not saying it will work but I would be doing that first if it was me. 

I've read about people slotting the metal engine mounts 10mm in the engine side, and 10mm on the crossmember side to get the motors 20mm further forward so the CAS will clear the firewall. Probably a bit dodge though. With your engine being a turbo one from an RVR, does it have a CAS on the back of the head? I've also read about the turbo RVR engines moving the triggering gear to the front of the engine? It's all internet hearsay though, so take it with a grain of salt...

If the CAS is your problem, there is a better way to fix it. With a bit of hunting, you should be able to source an intake cam gear and upper trigger sensor from a 2nd gen DSM Eclipse from the states. There is an aftermarket sensor solution that then puts the crank sensor a tthe front of the motor too, I cant remember the brand off the top of my head, but some googling and you'll find it. These bits then bolt to the front of your head / block and will allow you to do away with the CAS on the back of the head. The mounting bosse for the upper sensor will be there, but may or may not be drilled and tapped.

If the gearbox you sourced is from a Sigma or similar, you'll strike issues with the shifter position, as its further rearward then the L200 boxes. The driveshaft output shaft outside diameter is also different (but I believe the internal spline is the same?). There is some info floating around from (I think) Trigger's ex lancer build thread about swapping the rear housing from the L200 gearbox to a sigma gearbox to get your shifter back in the right spot, and get the driveshaft sealing again.

Isnt the internet fun? Giving you just enough un-reliable information to think something is a walk in the park.