Abs light on '95 GSR

Stevo84

Hi there

Gsr abs light stuck on after doing rear trail arm bushes.

Reset comp for light to pop up again an ran diagnostic with code coming up

Code 44

RL SOL Valve

Any idea what this could mean?

Looking at replacing sensor into hub an wire because that was all that had been touched doing bushes.

Thanks

Hi Stevo. =)

I presume this is a Mitsubishi Lancer GSR. 

Google says that ABS fault codes 41-44 are for the ABS solenoid valve system. Code 43 is the RR solenoid valve, so I presume RR = Rear Right, RL = Rear Left?

Apparently some service manual says that probable causes include:

• Defective hydraulic unit
  • Defective harness or connector
  • Defective ABS-ECU

Although I've never owned a car with ABS (this is oldschool.co.nz), I'm going to guess that you damaged a wire or unplugged something. Hopefully you can find a wiring issue which can be repaired without buying any new sensors etc. :)

Had similar on my old diamante many years ago when replacing a front cv, it had a break in in the wiring that ran out to the hub, so it must not have enjoyed having the wiring disturbed. I may or may not have run a bit of speaker wire down to the sensor.

• Haha 2

Thanks for the advice, very much appricated. Ive looked at wire and cant find any damage. Im thinking if i do replace sensor and wire it rules it out if light stays on. Frustrating as the bushes had to be done for wof and now there done the abs has packed up and it is stopping the wof bahhhh