Tai's 1976 Galant goon discussion

Yeah that's what I had thought. To my understanding it had more aggressive cams, 510cc injectors,bigger turbo and a better mapped ecu. Not a worry though as it was a bit of a gamble when I brought the engine haha. I'm not doing anything wild with it though so it should be all good for the build.

Early 90’s mitsi Ute gearbox seem to be the better (less shite) box which should bolt up to your new motor, use the 2L petrol 4g63 one and not the 2.6 , any single cam 4g63 engine mounts will work too. Did it come with an ecu? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Early 90’s mitsi Ute gearbox seem to be the better (less shite) box which should bolt up to your new motor, use the 2L petrol 4g63 one and not the 2.6 , any single cam 4g63 engine mounts will work too. Did it come with an ecu? 

I'm pretty sure the box that's in this is out of an early l200. Will just run it for now until it goes bang then look for a km132 5 speed (I know a guy in the wops that reckons he's got a couple, but probably wants decent money for them as they're rather hard to come by here in Perth). Most of the boxes available here are wideblock so no dice. Don't really want to go down the route of a custom bellhousing or adaptor plate to try keep this on the cheap for now. Good to know about the engine mounts though, is that the complete mounts or just the rubber or block mount?

And yes the factory ecu is there. The wiring and most of the various plugs to the sensors are broken or brittle as so I'd rather pin out new plugs and wiring than patch up what's there.