MS51HT's MS55 Crown Sedan - Discussion

MS51HT

7 hours ago, Nominal said:

Nice work, how many years has it taken so far?

I've owned the car for 4 years - and the build has taken about 3 of those to get to this point.

I'm pretty bad at sticking with one project - so figure if I have multiple projects on the go I can procrastinate on one of the other cars when I have a lull in enthusiasm!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks dude - I'm super happy with the plating. Glad I spent the coin and bought a decent kit, as the results have been pretty much perfect from the start.

The vapor blasting cabinet was conceived after watching nearly every video I could stand to watch on YouTube - and then just worked out what I thought was best in terms of construction.

Bought the cheapest dirty water pump I could find to move the media, built a hand piece using plumbing pieces and controlled the air with a water inlet valve I took out of an old dishwasher (which was basically just a 240v - so a 12v / 240v relay was employed to supply 240v to the solenoid whilst being controlled by a 12v foot pedal)

It uses bulk air because my nozzle design is less than efficient - but it gets reasonably good results for a piece of equipment that I smashed together and abandon in the corner of the shop for months at a time (or sufficient time for most of the water to evaporate out of the bucket underneath)

• Like 1