HumberSS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can people jump on my discussion thread with thoughts re exhausts. It's not on the immediate list but I at least want to start planning. Baring in mind this is a 3.4l v8. So 1.7l per bank, my thinking is anything that made a warm 1600 breath would be about right. My preference would be a 2 into 1 system as I don't want it loud or raspy.

My thoughts at this stage is to drop down to 2" out of the collector then go into a big chambered muffler on each bank, then merge into a single 2.5" and another muffler at the back.  I do wonder if my pipe diameters are still a bit too large though? Could go 1-3/4 into 2-1/4?

Anyone who's got an opinion here would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Next was onto making a trim for the front of the hole. This still isnt finished but consider this a note to future self to stop being a useless cunt.

image.thumb.jpeg.ab943b21e3571239956afeca2e733caa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ca6a193ff27cc4a93dbc3001611217eb.jpeg

Next up replacing a bolt that was identifying as a rivet in the chassis. I did not make not an actual rivet but with some heat and persuasion and the welder it is achieving said goal, and looking legitimate in the process.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ce4277cff37ea613c1e1bf6e5e0bc35.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6b92483ffb6c8d506bed2e36a0f823d9.jpeg

Onwards to things gear shifting things. I had to make basically two levers to act as a 'double negative' in order to translate the movement to where I needed and it still shifting in the normal pattern. 1:1 levers and I will be using a factory supra shifter so ratios should all be legit. A lot of little machined bushes and bracketry to achieve the desired result. A few rivnuts in le chassis to holed one of the brackets and the other welded to the gbox xmember. Also made a tricky little bush for the linkage adjustment at the gearbox as per Sheepers intel as to how they work. You will have to imagine that piece though, because I havent taken a photo.

image.thumb.jpeg.90f198d94c441fb703c145693121a2ad.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a2647438d66504bccbc8a69e1ce5316b.jpeg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Next up I got involved in the plug tube seals that I had previously machined up above. It was a bit of a cunt measuring up the plug tubes initially and my intention for a good fit was not quite met. It was more of a slide fit, so I devised a plan to ram a mandrel down the tube to flare it out a little so that the seal perches I machined would be a press fit. As luck would have it I found a scrap of round bar that was perfect for the job, and just machined a little taper on the nose to ease it down the tube. It even had a little bit on the back for my shitty home built slide hammer to grab on to pull it out. I had some old plug tubes from a parts engine to try the theory on and it worked a treat so I proceeded to the main event. Had to chisel the old seals off and clean up with some p240. They were truly fucked.

Screenshot_20231109_213104_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231109_213036_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231109_213021_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231109_213001_Gallery.jpg

• Like 8