starion acting up

gibbon

@gibbon you might be able to help me out. I have a L041G Pajero and I am trying to figure out the AFM for it. Someone wired up a Mazda MAF in it and it is not the right thing :D. 

So to the question your E5T00171 is that a 4 pin connector on it? 

Trying to get the E5T number for this AFM https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/starion-4403/a183a-10711/mngr6-165169/air-cleaner-1883471#/il-43228692-4851515-4851515 but cannot find any info anywhere :(

On 13/05/2022 at 00:31, Flowman said:

@gibbon you might be able to help me out. I have a L041G Pajero and I am trying to figure out the AFM for it. Someone wired up a Mazda MAF in it and it is not the right thing :D. 

So to the question your E5T00171 is that a 4 pin connector on it? 

Trying to get the E5T number for this AFM https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/starion-4403/a183a-10711/mngr6-165169/air-cleaner-1883471#/il-43228692-4851515-4851515 but cannot find any info anywhere :(

Hey mate, yes I think it's a 4 pin plug, haven't been to the car recently but it rings a bell 

On 11/04/2022 at 23:44, xTerraH said:

What ecu error codes are you seeing? 

sorry mate never got back to you - i meant to take a video but life took over. 

101Fuel39.jpg.1de547a64671cb0e04a332e6338ff6fc.jpg

these are the fault codes for a regular SOHC 4g63 starion. the 4g54 conquest uses the same codes so i assume they were standard for mitsis at the time. however the code i pull is totally different

I'm using an analog meter as the regular digital multimeter can't react fast enough. I get a code that looks like this (repeating):

Untitled9.png.fcd23f8c50b910986b5f926c49d53c15.png

i don't know what to make of the big sweep at the start. is it a "begin sequence" indicator? the manuals don't mention anything about it. given that the car runs, i doubt there's a problem with the "ignition pulse" which would suggest that it's code #1, O2 sensor (which I have swapped out with an AEM unit, the gauge is configured to duplicate the factory sender output but perhaps there's something in there that the ECU doesn't like). the second part there's a slight gap between the two so again a bit hard to tell if it's a code 5 or a code 2 and 3. measured individually none of these components appear to have anything wrong with them. i've since changed AFM to the double barreled type ,there's every chance that it's all sorted now but ive had some problems with the fuel rail which i've made worse every time i've touched them so the car currently isn't running,. oh but the brakes have seized on again in the meantime.....

• 1 month later...
On 15/05/2022 at 20:38, gibbon said:

i don't know what to make of the big sweep at the start. is it a "begin sequence" indicator? the manuals don't mention anything about it. given that the car runs, i doubt there's a problem with the "ignition pulse" which would suggest that it's code #1, O2 sensor (which I have swapped out with an AEM unit, the gauge is configured to duplicate the factory sender output but perhaps there's something in there that the ECU doesn't like). the second part there's a slight gap between the two so again a bit hard to tell if it's a code 5 or a code 2 and 3. measured individually none of these components appear to have anything wrong with them. i've since changed AFM to the double barreled type ,there's every chance that it's all sorted now but ive had some problems with the fuel rail which i've made worse every time i've touched them so the car currently isn't running,. oh but the brakes have seized on again in the meantime.....

Late reply ,but for checking codes I'd highly recommend wiring in a small led off of the code testing plug. Made it easy to see issues.

That long 12v signal is a bit unusual. Constant 12v indicates all clear so not sure what's going on there. May be worth pulling the battery for a bit and rechecking if you haven't already. The gaps between 12v should be 2 seconds to indicate a different code, so if its only slight its likely a code 5. The issues you initially described sound exactly the same as the ones I had with my cordia (4g62t). Fixed it by resetting ISC and TPS. There's a guide here that should work the exact same for you Cordia Forum • View topic - FAQ: Adjusting the Idle Speed Control and TPS (cordiapower.com). Worth setting these even if you think you've ironed out any other issues.