Jump to content

1963 AP5's dirty old '82 Sigma SE


1963 AP5
 Share

Recommended Posts

The first task was to replace the factory carb. I pulled the plugs and it was obviously running super lean and on top of this i am sure that the vacuum secondaries weren't working. I couldn't find a rebuild kit for it so replacement seemed like the best option. I went for a 32/36 Weber because I have had good results with Weber's in the past and I find they are easy to configure and tune for different applications.

Old carb.jpg

Weber carb.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a bit more welding done on the manifold.

I'm not welding this myself, I have a good friend that is a very good aluminium welder/fabricator and he is doing the welding for me. I am making all the bits and he is sticking them together for me. I certainly couldn't weld like this!!

Now I need to cut a hole in it so I can attach a flange for the supercharger.

 

Boxed in manifold 1.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amazingly a few parts have shown up during lockdown so on with the show!

The fuel pick up strainer arrived so I got the fuel pick up reinstalled and also mounted the electric fuel pump.

I started installing the fuel lines however I ran out of 5/16 fuel hose so the last little bit will need to wait.

I got the position of the fuel delivery device sorted so I trimmed the manifold flange, I am happy that everything fits right where I planned so that's a win.

Old bogans will recognise the unmistakable shape of a Holley 2300 flange.

Fuel pick up.jpg

Plumbing.jpg

elec fuel pump.jpg

Holley 2300 flange 2.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing else to do this weekend but hang out in the garage and make brackets and fittings.

Made a beefy bracket to fit in the A/C position, this will provide a mount for the supercharger drive layshaft, the forward belt tensioner and anything else I might choose to attach to it. Apparently Argon is not essential so I wasn’t able to purchase any. In this situation it was out with the trusty little Lincoln Electric arc welder to stick the bits of metal together. Everything went together well and the bolt holes even lined up when I was finished.

 Made an unnecessarily fancy brace for the manifold that may or may not be necessary and also made a fan shroud for the electric fan.

Idler mount 1.jpg

idler mout 2.jpg

manifold brace 1.jpg

Fan shroud 1.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...