Nissan Hommy /Caravan

Kiwi52

Dear team ...thanks for letting me join 

Can anyone please advise if they have seen the following fault and knows the remedy .

I have a 1999 Nissan Caravan / Hommy running a QD32 diesel engine and it will randomly cut out while driving . I can sometimes hit down on the gas pedal or just turn the key on and off and it will burst into life but may do this for a while then will go fine for ages till next time . Sometimes its fine for weeks then it will go through a bad patch then fine again . I know of another hommy same year similar ks doing the same thing its very random . 3 years ago the diesel pump was rebuilt on my one and on the other van I know of the ignition has been replaced . Apparently this model has no crank angle sensor . Has anyone experienced this before and could please advise 

Many thanks Dave

Edited by Kiwi52
bad spelling

This is of zero help but have seen an issue with a petrol version that was impossible to recreate/find and as such the workshop repairing it replaced everything. It ended up being wiring running under the drivers seat being damaged, have no idea if the diesel version has important wiring under there.

Another thing is with the 90's Toyota diesel vans I send the computer away to be checked and or repaired before I do anything when they won't start, it is becoming an issue with them now so easier and quicker to rule that out first.  

Mjne had td27 engines but likley to be either Fuel or electrics

Fuel: filter or leaks or water or bug? Try empty the water filter thing

Leccy: i had some intemittent electrical issues on my e24s, these things reduced the return period.

try swapping out the fuses, and

check and clean the relays and connections including the big ones like fuel pump etc under the seat hatches where it gets pretty manky. I think the water trap or fuel filter is under there too

Ecu is under the seats, and wire loom goes under the drivers floor mat.  

Ill give you $5 if there isnt spilt sticky coffee, some gib screws, a battery, a broken pen, rust, and vampire taps under the carpet and in the ECU hole

• 3 months later...
On 08/08/2020 at 20:35, Kiwi52 said:

Dear team ...thanks for letting me join 

Can anyone please advise if they have seen the following fault and knows the remedy .

I have a 1999 Nissan Caravan / Hommy running a QD32 diesel engine and it will randomly cut out while driving . I can sometimes hit down on the gas pedal or just turn the key on and off and it will burst into life but may do this for a while then will go fine for ages till next time . Sometimes its fine for weeks then it will go through a bad patch then fine again . I know of another hommy same year similar ks doing the same thing its very random . 3 years ago the diesel pump was rebuilt on my one and on the other van I know of the ignition has been replaced . Apparently this model has no crank angle sensor . Has anyone experienced this before and could please advise 

Many thanks Dave

Hi Dave, 

I also have a Homy with the QD3.2 and exactly the same issue. Just wondering if you managed to fix the start/stop ? Cheers Nathan