18rg distributor wont clamp down properly..

Minister88

Hey guys

Ive had issues with my dizzy pooping out a few times now. Last week my dizzy popped out again and it also took out some of the thread at the same time.... Though the bolt was only long enough to thread half way. So I got a longer bolt and it seemed to have done the job until now..

I no longer have issues with the dizzy popping out but now it seems to like to move around.. I was at CNC today. Got there fine but some skyline blokes had to help me start the car while i rotated the dizzy to fire it up again. 

I cant seem to keep it in place without the dizzy turning around and when I give it some gas it starts to move again..

Any tips on what I can do? Ive already tried putting in more washers but doesnt seem to help..

Thanks

Min

I assume the thread isnt completely stripped or something retarded like that?

And I cant remember how the dissy clamps look like on these but I assume its just a single bolt running though a slot in housing/?

Also when you say you added more washers, are there actually any spring washers in there?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

I assume the thread isnt completely stripped or something retarded like that?

And I cant remember how the dissy clamps look like on these but I assume its just a single bolt running though a slot in housing/?

Also when you say you added more washers, are there actually any spring washers in there?

Hi Al,

No the theres still thread left so not completely retarded. But half retarded lol.

And yup single bolt clamp that slots in.

I have one spring washer and the rest are flat. Correct me if im wrong but does it make a difference having 2 spring washers? Tbh i only have one spring washer available...

Should only need 1 spring washer and one flat washer.  

You have something else going on here thst isn't clamp related at a guess.

Sounds like maybe the distributor shaft length is to long and when you are bolting it down the matting surfaces aren't contacting.

Do you know if its the original Dissy?