Neko

I am wanting to build a complete new exhaust for my MK2 1600X/Flow Cortina. I have Coby extractors and 45mm piping plus a Coby resonator or two. Could anyone give me some advice on what layout I should have. I have heard someone saying that having a smaller resonator in the middle and a slightly bigger one at the back is good. Also will I need a muffler or just put in some exhaust wool? I am wanting it to be relativly lound but not annoying, I am wanting it to pop and cackle on deacceleration but understand this my not be possible with the stock cam.

Have a search on the Fast Fords forum, should be plenty of info on exhausts for x-flows.

I would suggest a small resonator at the rear would give a nice rasp. The crackle and pop usually comes from a warmer cam and standard timing (my mini did that until it spent some time on a dyno).

Cheers I will have a look at that

I'm running a worked 1.6 w/ coby extractors, 2 1/2 inch exhaust in a 3 chamber muffler. It sounds good, gets a bit of yee ole pop from the cam, and let's me hear what people are saying when we cruising. I Do miss the old coby resonator and the insanely loud bwraaaps that came with it..

I'm running a worked 1.6 w/ coby extractors, 2 1/2 inch exhaust in a 3 chamber muffler. It sounds good, gets a bit of yee ole pop from the cam, and let's me hear what people are saying when we cruising. I Do miss the old coby resonator and the insanely loud bwraaaps that came with it..

Sweet I was worried that the 45mm might be a bit big for the lil 1600 but if 2 1/2 is sweet then I should be good.

Cheers