1UZ Cam/Crank Sensor Wire

davo448

Hey guys new here, I'm doing the old 1UZ to Surf conversion and I've rebuilt the motor and when i pulled it apart the wiring loom was in real bad shape (broken wires, connectors and insulation). I also have 2 other motors with the same issue I picked up from the wreckers. So I've decided to make a whole new loom and looking at the wiring diagram and testing one of the looms i noticed something odd about the cam/crank sensor wiring. So disassembled the loom and found the sensors run a twin core with a shielding around it that's all connected together and seems to earth out back at the computer. I'm guessing the shielding is there to stop interference from the ignition system. Now here's the issue that I've run into, I cant seem to find anyone who makes a twin core with a shielding the right size, I've spoken to a bunch of auto elec's and electrical wholesalers and they either haven't seen it or have no idea where to get it. So I was wondering if anyone here has ever made a new loom for this engine and what their solution is for this issue?

You'll want one of these connector sets if your going to make a new engine harness http://www.nzefi.com/products/wiring/connector-sets/. No need to be cutting and soldering up in hur. Also speak to NZEFI about your shielded cable, Id imagine they would have a pretty good idea where to get it if they dont have it in stock already.

Also www.msel.com for all your connectors, wire and heat shrink.