427carguys rusty shit box bambina

427carguy

So decided to do somthing to make this cool so I get some more motivation de springing it worked, The back is a pretty good height the front needs some cutty cutty to make it the right height.

sot0vifk.kae.jpg

Now Im pretty keen to get rid of that grill the makes the rear window sit to high because I hate it and lower the rest of the roof to suit, a bit like this. Any advice welcome as Iv never undertaken a roof chop befor cheers.

r2n0qdjx.jlz.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Progress with photos!!!

Roof is all welded back together, not as good as I would have liked but itll do, I put a few layers of different colour paint on sanded it back and it sort of suits the rest of the car

j1drbaec.0h1.jpg

old running gear all gone.

ys1hizyd.5mw.jpg

May need to do same reinforcing as the floors and sills arnt connected anymore.

tpvneqcb.ilr.jpg

Because factory suicide doors

0tjbkof2.g3l.jpg

The bike has been stripped and the engine is sitting in about the right spot ready to make some mounts.

g5pbmmga.joj.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Went full ham with a grinder and saber saw, So we now have 14x10 steels under the rear guards that will hopefully get a couple of birdflus semi slicks stretched over them this weekend.

Also engine is mounted and have the steel for the rear axle.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a few days late but here is the update.

Engine mainly connected, still need to sort throttle cable and pedal and finish off the fuel lines

0r4fmgzp.ybd.jpg

I kept the whole bike loom because im shit at wiring, anyway its hidden in that box.
3vjwknud.qgp.jpg

Bench seat ended up as two smaller seats because it was easier and im lazy (still gotta finish drivers seat) (if you were wondering the thing on the axle is a dildo care of a board birdflu)

zdpo5qs4.z4e.jpg

Made the roof rack abit lower. i need an old brown belt to strap the tank on. Also need to mount the roof skin

sg440fot.lom.jpg

Axle! test fitted now back to fatty for key ways.also lacking brakes which it the next main hurdle
csydf4hn.nbd.jpg

Hubs....
sfhtfxfk.p1d.jpg

• Like 3

This is now running and has brakes, Just took it for a drive and it broke the chain idler which which destroyed the chain. the neighbours enjoyed watching me push it home as they had come out to see what was going on because it was so loud driving down the street.

any way some updates I have more but will update after the fact

Also its got enough power to get up to the speed limit which is pretty sweet for the 250.

Rear light off a push bike that looks pretty sweet i real life, potato photo makes it look lame

z4h5zp0x.nht.jpg

My master cylinder off a suzuki car and amp to run some house speakers
nx4mspv4.puh.jpg

Start of adapting a car disk to a 40mm axle
xeebexmf.gjn.jpg

making cortinas look big since ages ago

crcx2azm.khf.jpg

nogtihns.314.jpg

Look at that rear fitment
5uymgbwc.5d2.jpg

• Like 1