Rx30/General Clutch issues

crownin round

Hey there having issues with the clutch not fully disengaging. This means can only put into gear with foot all the way to the floor and going from a forward gear to reverse will still grind. Have bled the clutch using a one man kit ie hose and bottle above the slave.

The pin holding master piston to the pedal is not a tight fit so moves maybe 2mm. Was going to extend the pedal so i get more travel and hopefully push it a bit more but cant seem to turn the bit that attached and still not ideal.

Also was going to set the slave pistion so the clutch fork was a bit further when it started being pushed but it is very tight and nut spins the pistion. 

Engine is a 186 box  is assume w50 and looks like toyota master and slave.

Looking for any advice on what you think? Possibly a faulty pressure plate broken clutch spring. I assume it would be running a 186 clutch  and pressure plate.

Cheers

So you were back bleeding from the slave to the master?

You will probably need to bleed it the other way as well, there is probably trapped air in the slave.

Also, I can't follow your description of the adjustments,but there should be a tiny amount of free play between the pushrod on the pedal, and the master cylinder piston.

And a couple mm free play between release fork pushrod and the slave cylinder piston

Do About 5 full depressions repeatedly, note the travel

Then wait about a minute, then do one full depression and see if it's the same, if not you have air in the system.

Or do like 5 full depressions, hold the 5th and see if the gears are any better.

If they are, you have air