FJ20 Rx-7 Injectors problem

Doritofu

So I've done my research and figured out that when building an FJ20, the best thing to do for low power is to get a set of S4 Rx-7 turbo injectors, but as is the case when building a car, they showed up and something's wrong.

these pictures should illustrate:

stock:

156_zpskkbcspxg.jpg

new:

157_zpss1e7luv5.jpg

and the hole that they have to fit into:

158_zps5uu96onk.jpg

so as you can see, the gap in the intake manifold is 9.8mm diameter, but the width of my new injectors is 10mm. Theres a counterbored hole above the 9.8mm one that the O-ring sits in, so what im thinking...

Should it be fine for me to drill out the lower part of the hole to 10mm as long as i leave the top part the same so that the O-ring still fits?

Cheers.

Yup, i had same issue fitting these to a GTIR fuel rail, but i think i had to go to 11mm to get the o ring to have a nice fit

Awesome, thanks bro. Now i can drill them all out and get this thing one step closer to running.

Large sig because is imporant, haha, but yeah, I'll probably get rid of it soon anyway.

I was just planning on removing the entire injector w/ hosetail and then just putting a new piece of hose onto the fuel rail and clamping them to the tops of the rx-7 injectors. I've heard that it's a decent enough way to do it. Do you see any problems with that idea?