RX3 PP's 1974 Rx3 Coupe

RX3 PP

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I fitted the new clutch master and slave, gave it a good bleed, now I have a mint clutch, one of the threads in the gearbox mount for the clutch needed a helicoil, and now that's fixed and secure as hell. So then we had electrical issues to sort, the lights come on when the battery is connected and one side of headlights was full no indicators, he found within 3 mins, 2 problems and had them all fixed again, just a earth we thought was for the horn was off. Made me look like a right tard, but hay I do engines not electrics. My m8 whom painted the car has stored it at his place for now, he's buffing the paint so it has some insane shine going on, must say thought it was a different car when I saw all the dust wiped off it! I actually joked and asked him if he had repainted it again. So this sat morning we are going for a warrant, and I'll throw some pics up of the finished process for those who want to see it. Bear in mind I havn't put in the new interior yet only the front seats are in, so over next month or so I'll add complete pics inside and out.

• Like 1

So last night was a night of some minor detailing, we cleaned up the rear window trim gave it a polish, inserted all brand new plastic retaining clips and the moulding clicked in sweet and firm and not sticking out like before as it was glued on with silicon!. Mounted the battery in boot and fixed the fuel pump back in its home, waiting now on a brand new screen to be fitted today as the other replacement screen I was hoping to fit seems to be for a sedan so at the end of the day a new screen will look far better. Today after work we will give it a wash and wax, as well as clean the mags up. Will get some pics.

So now it's in need of the interior of which I hope to get sorted as soon as I can, some new rubbers are coming from a guy in aus who took his factory rubbers and had them copied as he was sick of phils rotary rubbers and rear spares ones not fitting properly, I have had amazing feedback from his mans buyers, so will order in next few weeks. Now is time to ditch the engine and ida, a pp on the road?, um no thanks, took it for a drive at the weekend, what a pig!. So I guess I'll been now posting pics of the interior build and now the new engine build, hopefully with brand new rx3 rotor housings which I know a man with about 7 sets of various brand new pairs still in the boxes. My engine of choice will most probably be a Bridgeport secondary with an original 4 barrel carb, although being a true rotor head I do like a nice quiet pulse. So I'm open for opinions as I'm not decided at this point.

Discussion thread

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/45038-rx3-pps-rx3-coupe/

• 4 weeks later...

So now the 12a pp is gone along with the ida, now I'm on the hunt for a 12a engine In bits. After pondering what way to go and have had both an extend port, secondary bridge, full j and pp I'm going to go back to the secondary bridge. Reason best of both worlds with fuel economy and power. I'll put up some photos off my porting before engine go's together.

So last night, i heard from a guy i ported an engine for about 6-7 years back, looking at an ad i had posted looking for parts, so this morning I went on a mission to catch up with him and aquired a full set of Rx3 3b endplates, virgin ports and already surface ground at a good price, then went to my mate Brian, whom taught me how to port 20 years back now, and I now have also aquired a mint set of Rx3 rotor housings, is great being able to have the original engine back in the car, main aim this week is to clean up the rotors and assemble them and get them ready for another tour of duty.

Tomorrow im going to pick up the rest of my rx3 savanna coupe interior, thing that im looking forward to most, is having the original front seats which seem to get thrown and replaced with race seats and never to be seen again, and probably the most coolest thing is the original radio, all in pretty mint condition, door cards mint no holes for speakers etc, paid 2k which i think was a bargain at the end of the day. I'll be replacing the interior sooner than expected so hopefully will have interior and new engine in within the next 3-4 weeks, all going well. will post pics as i progress, if you see no picks i've either been lazy and done sweet fuck all or its turned to shit! lol

• Like 3