RX3 PP's 1974 Rx3 Coupe

RX3 PP

Above is all the new interior except the front seats as ones in the car and the other is in the garage. I will post some pics tomorrow of the engine bay and what it's looks like after last clear coat, then as all the chrome is put back on I'll add more pics.

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got back from checking the final result, knowing roughy how it was looking prior to the final clear coat, pretty much was blown away with all the different colours under different lights, of which what I was seeing I could not see through the camera, I now understand when people say the pictures don't do something justice, it has deep blue tones to light blue tones with hints of purple and red and a darkish teal, it was in my eyes just gorgeous and so pleased not to go to a metallic blue like I was originally going to do. So this week there's some minor engine bay detailing and lots of chrome polishing happening, radiator to go back in and ida etc. hopefully drivable by the end of next weekend. Below are some pics but as I say you probably can't see what I saw in the flesh but gives you an idea.

• Like 1

So tonight my bud the chap whom painted the car and I made a start. I cleaned the bumpers up and fitted them while he masked up the rear tail lights and gave them a squirt of paint then as drying we fitted all the side lights and headlights, fitted the moulding around door edge, nose cone assembly and some chrome above it. He did some more detailing in the engine bay, then we fitted the boot. Happy with progress so far.

• Like 2

So tonight the head light surrounds are getting a fresh coat of silver and a clear coat, Bonnet hinges are being sprayed also, brake booster and clutch have been painted also and are ready to put back in. I have had the inlet manifold shortened so the ida will no longer hit the underneath of the bonnet, as the previous owner was going to cut a hole in the bonnet, luckily it didn't eventuate. The radiator and oil cooler are being resprayed black to tidy them up. Window chrome and door handles should be also going back on tomorrow night all going well.

Today was a day to tidy up some loose ends, we fitted the radiator and cooler, oils lines on, water in radiator and oil in engine, fuel lines on, battery in boot, brakes bleed and adjusted, wheels back on, and finally started up mint, got some float issues in the ida but will sort another day, then she's drivable and off for a wof, window chrome back and front to go in and that's about it.

dyc4kpf0.y1d.jpgqfkprhqh.yfj.jpgcqdscq1g.gj4.jpgtn1igcnu.lia.jpg

• Like 3

Photos don't do her justice, next fine day will try and take her outside and wash all the dust off. A big thanks to Jake for the panel repairs and all the lining up of boot, doors, guards etc, and a huge thanks to Todd for a sik as custom pearl paint job, and assisting in the finishing and detailing over a few jim beams, and reassembly of the beast, also a big thanks to Andy for your work on the brakes. Also to Jason for all your electrical help in getting all the electrical demons sorted. Brian for your help with tuning and general help. So as you can see I haven't done this build alone, and I'm not about to make out I have, you see I've received help from various people. People whom are passionate about old and rare cars and want to see it back on the road and in pristine condition. To those who have helped I'm grateful for your help and support in making this project what it is today, you guys are the real heroes in this build, some very minor detailing left but almost there!

A huge thanks to all,

Darryl

• Like 4