SOHC 4G63T vacuum lines kerfuffle????

be4ver

I need help identifying what these vacuum ports are all for.

there is this one on the side of the throttle body opening and one in the middle below it (to rocker cover?) ....

2hxlymr.jpg

and this lot here on the back of it. I'm guessing the lower one is for the vac advance on the dizzy but the rest i have no idea

29gmmwk.jpg

Also what is this other pipe in the sump supposed to be for?

25q880m.jpg

Thanks and sorry for the average as hell pictures

I think the little vacuum lines are all to do with the EGR/emissions system, but i can't remember which ones go where. The little extra tube running to the sump is probably for the drain that runs from the bottom of the factory oil catch can (which is attached to the airbox)

The one in your top picture, on the side of the inlet, goes to the A/C air bypass idle up solenoid. If you don't have this, just cap it.

Your EGR system has been removed (or it never had it), so two of those three ports your probably wont use. One of them you'll use for the vac advance on the dizzy, from memory it's the middle one? It the one that the throttle plate blocks off at idle, so you don't have vacuum advance at idle.

Not sure what the lowest one would have been for.

You should have a couple more ports in the rear most intake runner too, a big one and a small one. The big one is for the brake booster (needs a one way valve), and the smaller one is for the MAP sensor.

You should have a couple more ports in the rear most intake runner too, a big one and a small one. The big one is for the brake booster (needs a one way valve), and the smaller one is for the MAP sensor.

yeah the brake booster one is there but there isnt any other ports. This is a fwd manifold tho. maybe that small one on its own on the back there would be for the map?

yeah the brake booster one is there but there isnt any other ports. This is a fwd manifold tho. maybe that small one on its own on the back there would be for the map?

You could use it for the MAP sensor, as it's after the throttle plate. However, the ports on the MAP sensors are usually a little bigger that the nipple from memory, so you might have a bit of a size mis-match.