LB's 64 XM Falcon ute.

Liam-B

• 10 months later...

Wow! An early Falcon Ute in New Zealand, XM like mine as well, pretty rare these days. I only remember seeing wagons and sedans around.

Looks to have some nice mods, I'm thinking about going to power steering my ute one day but the manual steer with 195's is ok.

Got a few little things I need to sort out over the Christmas break since doing the V8 swap but pretty happy with it at the moment.

Definitely keen to put some louder exhausts on, its way too quiet at the moment...

Yeah, I dont recall ever seeing any early Falcon utes. Or maybe I just did not notice them as I was into other cars at the time?!

Most people fit Camira racks on custom chassis rail bolt in brackets. They fit pretty nicely into early Fords. 

Cheers, yeah pretty happy with the motor, its doesn't even leak any oil and looks really nice in there. I am running a flex fan now though, ditched the electric fans. Much happier, looks more period plus its quieter now and the temp sits on 90 all day.

Need to do the exhaust soon and make it loud. Will post some updates.

• 4 months later...

Nah, going to hold off on the cam. No need really, it already wants to do mean skids with the 195's on the back haha.

Spending money on putting a power steer rack conversion in though. Hopefully will work it all out