e30-323ti's BMW Track-Hack

e30-323ti

Top Job!

Thats going to look sharp.  

Does welding to your cage void holomigation in any way welding directly on? unsure on rules? if is could weld the brackets to a clamp? Then just do some sneaky tacs to stop it sliding side to side?

I like your idea of cutting a triangle brace to go onto the back of it. And moster tacho mount to side

Looking forward to tomorrows update :-)

Does welding to your cage void holomigation in any way welding directly on? unsure on rules? if is could weld the brackets to a clamp? Then just do some sneaky tacs to stop it sliding side to side?

That is a V.good Q' and one I made sure I discussed with MSNZ, and was advised it is fine to add such things.

Will need to do so for other items like dash mounts, Brake Bias Adjuster, etc....

Been a few years since I've seen progress on this! Should chuck some of the earlier photos up too.

Good things take time I keep telling myself (I'd better not F*#k it up, or I'll be pretty disapointed).

Dug up some old pics and added to the first post.

Like the style of your E21!!  What ever happened to your E28?

• Like 1

Good things take time I keep telling myself (I'd better not F*#k it up, or I'll be pretty disapointed).

Dug up some old pics and added to the first post.

Like the style of your E21!!  What ever happened to your E28?

This;

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/18315-sparkles-86-e28-535i-the-5/?hl=%2Be28+%2B535i

Sold it many moons ago to fund a house deposit.

Those BBS rims look super choice, and do I see a pic of some e34 turbines on there??

This;

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/18315-sparkles-86-e28-535i-the-5/?hl=%2Be28+%2B535i

Sold it many moons ago to fund a house deposit.

Those BBS rims look super choice, and do I see a pic of some e34 turbines on there??

*sighs out loud* Sold our EVO to buy our house, still a bit of a tender memory.

Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed I sold the LM's and didn't rear mount the face/barrell, but is saying that, got top $$ as they were mint and near new tyres for the family wagon out of it.

Good spotting, those turbines were some rare rear 9" versions, I got the pair of trademe many moons ago, with the original spec 255/40's for $15.

One needed a refurb (excessive curbage), so still a win really.  Shame nothing else has been a 'deal / steal' *LOL*