GS131 Crown CEL code

wannabe

Hi team, bridged the diag port in the Crown this weekend and ended up with a code 5 and a code 2, which from googling generic toyota codes=oxy sensor and AFM. I searched this part of the forum as well but no success finding anything. Could anyone confirm or deny this? Would love to get rid of the silly CEL in the crown. Any help would be lovely. Thanks in advance :)

Whee, I also think I found a 131 repair manual, so will post up link when I check it tonight to see if its correct. Will any 1 wire toyota oxy sensor work? Cos could scab one off the MR2. Otherwise, might see if ones off Matts 126 crown would work?

Ah was worried you would say that, I was hoping to keep this car cheap/nab the sensor off my wreck MR2 and solder it in.....not really fussed about proper readings as its a 1GFE, just want to get rid of the CEL/get some mileage back

• 1 month later...

Hey all just an update. I replaced the two sensors with those from a working car but am still getting the cel. I'm starting to wonder if those codes aren't for afm and oxy sensor or if I have a wiring issue. Could someone confirm the codes please? Thanks in advance

Yup disconnected the battery and cleared the codes every time. The CEL will clear, but as soon as I rev it/put it under any load, the CEL comes back same codes again. I'm hoping its not a wiring issue, but it most likely is. I will try and exhaust all options before trying to look at another loom...lol

Check the output of the afm and oxy sensor? There is a m/ga60 celica workshop manual online that will be relevant to this, fire the bitch up and smash a multimeter down the ecu pins. Gotta approach this kind of shit systematically not just change out parts that could be good.

Yeah that will be my next port of call. Was really hoping (naively) that it would be as simple as swapping the offending sensors. Will be taking to it with a multimeter this weekend. I'm gonna check out the ECU end first before I decide to remove the loom and have a squiz at trying to see if there's anything amiss there.

Find that 1ge celica service manual on the ner they have sweet logical fault chasing steps that will help you, also the ranges/outputs for the sensors will be useful. Pin outs may or may not be helpful but you should be able to work it out if you have fucked with Toyotas before.