a31 auto to manual wiring

blandsx81

I am helping my little brother do a manual conversion on his a31 cef. just woundering if anyone on here has done one before and how do i go about tricking the ecu in to running the manual box?

I have read somwhere that you need to bridge the inhibtor switch. pictures would be helpful

thanks

If I remember back to my highschool drifter days...

Theres a couple ways to do it. You can just unbolt the shifter off the side of the autobox and leave it connected and tucked up in your engine bay somewhere while switched to "park".

To fix it permanently theres two wires to connect together on the plug that the inhibitor switch comes off. I cant remember which but it was fairly obvious and didn't take too long to sort out.

I'd just leave the shifter thingy connected until you can work out which two wires are the magic ones.

Yea what criscross said. I also can have a look at mine in the morning. Even take some photos for ya.

you have to bridge two terminals in the fusebox by the battery. Front passenger corner of the fusebox

this plug. Lil red wire

jedf.jpg

64x9.jpg