Seat track/rails '72 colt

MitchP

kinda a random question here....

does anyone know of any seat rails available for a 72 galant colt, or even the type off another car that will fit the same?

i can look at getting a pic up later today/tonight if thats of any help, but if anyone knows off the top of their heads what i might be able to do to get around this (need my seats in for a warrant/certification

cheers ppls

It may just be my flu, but can you be a bit clearer?

I assume you have a 16L or GTO. Do you have after market seats for it that require rails to mount in the car or do you have original Mitsi seats that are lacking rails?

sorry, I should've been more specific...

16l factory seating.

passenger side I have the half of track without adjustment lever.

so yes, original seats, no rails. or recliner adjustment lever/ arm for that matter

Then you need rails from a gto or 16L. 1850 ones fit but they are about an inch higher so you need a set. Even then you need a pair for both seats to keep them looking the same. I suggest you put a WTB ad in the parts section.

• Like 1

things are looking a bit bleak here in Dunedin for what I'm after, including looking around.

if you are able to help at all, even with a supplier, let alone parts directly, would be much appreciated

• Like 1

things are looking a bit bleak here in Dunedin for what I'm after, including looking around.

if you are able to help at all, even with a supplier, let alone parts directly, would be much appreciated

I'm in Dunedin too so will be able to help. My new seat hasn't arrived up here yet but if you come into Turners Auctions and ask for Shaun, we can catch up. If you can, bring in the rail you do have so I can confirm which one you need for sure.

I will have a look through the ones I have, do you want it to use the folding feature of the rail?

folding feature of the rail?

excuse my ignorance, does this one mean the seat hinge folding but is not required?

because i need a seat hinge to

The passengers rail has an feature that with the standard seat when you pull the fold lever, it releases the locking mech on the rails so the seat slides forward.

If you are not using a standard seat you will need to adapt a folding system if you want one.