2hp outboard need help

blandsx81

I got this 2hp yamaha outboard to get running. its been in storage for 15 years and the only problem is that has no spark. I have put a new spark plug in no luck I have checked the very few wires for signs or corrosion. still no spark so I then tried to remove the flywheel to get to the points and coil but its seized on. I have tried soaking it in crc and tried to remove it with a pulley graber even tried heating the flywheel slightly but i still cant remove it.

so basically Im asking for any help on how to get this thing running or where i can find infomation on it and if anyone has any suggestions on how to get the flywheel off.

many thanks in advance     

yeh is prob points. wack a nut on end of crankshaft thread and strike with hammer. be careful not to mushroom the thread(can be fixed tho so no biggy). Get a bigger nut if the one you have is quite small. Factory knock off tool is just a realy long nut.

works er time.

shock breaks the taper

you can also tap around the fly wheel with a rubber mallet and pry with a screw driver(fucking carefully). I don't recommend that on alloy.... u will prob break it but it works good on cast iron flywheels. I've done it on alloy flywheels but you have to be very careful

edit: but yeh don't try too hard and break shit. If you cant do it, Take it to boat or lawnmower shop and they will have flywheel puller. You don't want to use regular style puller that pulls from the edge of flywheel or you will break it. Everytime you have a go, spray more penetrating oil on it and have another go the next day. Don't get too rough(I've broken a couple flywheels due to impatience/rage).