kevlights' Rover SD1

Oh no, another straight 6 SD1!

Welcome to oldschool and the dubious pleasure of owning the wrong Rover (there's a right Rover?)..

Have a look at my build thread (once the forum's fixed, the link will be back in my signature) - make sure you establish whether your car has a leaking head gasket before putting time into the rest of it.

its got a leaky sump bung, and a leaky gearbox joint, plus various leaks from power steering to leaks in the boot, but touch the wood trim ,no leaky head gasket yet,tis only got 100,000, klm on it but thanks for the advice will investigate (or is that castrate it ) if it leaks its a gonner as cannt afford to plug too much dosh into it.

Looks likes all good, thou thanks for the heads up (heads LOL) will keep an eye on it.

Thousand Dollar Supercar what did you do with your car ? great photographs, obvious a talent there ,gimme the mags and bling bits ! regards and cheers . ... Kev

I still have mine. I drove it today - it just does little errands around the city. I'm not sure what its future is though, because it needs an engine transplant and lots more besides, and parts cars are much rarer than I thought.

It's due another WOF next month, for which it'll need some rust hidden, probably a wheel bearing and hopefully not some tires.

It's good that your motor's still OK. Apparently if you maintain an undamaged motor then you are unlikely to suffer the pitfalls (top end oil starvation, overheated motor -> warped head).

What part of the country are you in?

Further news from Rover Land the fuses are well hiden ' date='it must have some but where ?[/quote']

Oh they ARE well-hidden. Look under the black rubber mat on the shelf to the left of the instrument cluster. On my car there are also a couple in the boot area on the right hand side.

Did you get my PM about the impending doom (forum rollback) which may delete your build thread? Don't put too much effort into it until we know what's required to fix the forum.

Off the top of my head, dads fuses were somewhere on the lefthand side of the guage cluster - but thats straining back over 10 years...

I owned one briefly - was going to derby it, but then lost storage whilst working and never saw it again