Differences between the 4g32 and 4g32t

NelsonEX

A mate of mine has a 4g32t motor thats done the big end and wasting space in his gargae so i thought why not take the turbo gear off it and +t my 4g32.

So my question is what are the differences between the two internal wise (pistons,rods ect..)

Or if your that up with your 4g engines what will i need out of the 4g32t to +t my 4g32?

Any help would be great

The basic core engine will be the same apart from some turbo specific differences like lower compression pistons, different duration and lift camshaft, oil pump with turbo oil feed, sump with turbo oil drain. Crank and rods would be the same. I don't think the 4G32T has piston oil squirters like the 4G63Ts do.

I think the standard compression ratio of a 4G32 is about 9:1 so maybe a little on the high side considering how primitive the standard ECU would be at knock control.

If it were me I would find a healthy 4G37 1800cc motor to put the 4G32T stuff onto, and maybe look at using a TD04 instead of the crappy TC04.

The basic core engine will be the same apart from some turbo specific differences like lower compression pistons, different duration and lift camshaft, oil pump with turbo oil feed, sump with turbo oil drain. Crank and rods would be the same. I don't think the 4G32T has piston oil squirters like the 4G63Ts do.

I think the standard compression ratio of a 4G32 is about 9:1 so maybe a little on the high side considering how primitive the standard ECU would be at knock control.

If it were me I would find a healthy 4G37 1800cc motor to put the 4G32T stuff onto, and maybe look at using a TD04 instead of the crappy TC04.

I probably should of added that im talking about sohc engines here, But if its 9:1 thats a tad high for my liking

yes good point, 4G32 did come DOHC in the GTO MR but good luck finding one of those engines!

4G37 is just the 1755cc bigger brother to the 4G32. It looks near on identical from the outside (only difference is larger bore). Having extra displacement definitely doesn't hurt.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...