Harvey's ST141 Corona

Sambo

Nice looking wagon man! That's a steal at $600! It's mechanically the same as my SA60 Carina bar a few details. I paid $600 for it with primer patches, a million oil leaks and soil mixed with chainsaw oil through the back!

98% chance that the box in that thing is a Borgwarner unit, Simon (on here) is selling the exact gearbox that you want to replace it with.

Altezza 4cyl engine (3SGE) will slot straight in with wiring and plumbing, 210hp will get her swinging! Chances are it's a T series diff, so the same as AE86 if you're looking for LSD's.

Woah! So much information so quick! Altezza it is! What kind of price range you rekon i'll be lookin at for the engine, ecu, loom?

I might get in touch with Simon, but Im not sure if its worth it as it sits at 100ks in 4th quite nicely,

and since i'll be changing the engine, there might not be much point :\

Thanks so much for the reply!

Harvey :)

Altezza isn't the only option, and 3sge could be made to work, but it's the only factory rwd one. Low km examples from wreckers are on trademe for between $1500 and $2500 for engine, loom, ecu and 6 speed box (not a straight bolt in, but you just need a x-member made up).

I did see a borgwarner box on TM for $150 about 6 months ago, so you may get lucky.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's an Aussie assembled wagon with a 2S-C engine. That came with 80's Toyota's version of emission control :lol: It's got an air pump strapped to the side of the engine (to pump fresh air into the exhaust to 'reduce' the amount of CO2 per cubic inch of emissions.) Take it off and throw it away.