ShakotanKe70's Daily Gx71 Cressida

Brennan

Hmm maybe, they're pretty good for $900 or whatever.

But understand, as you said, you just wanted a simple, easy, cheap visual upgrade for the daily.

Just keep them. Unless you plan to go further with it as a whole?

EDIT: I see you just might do so..

Agree about tires though, they are quite rude. I think this when I see it most days,

but again you don't really want the speedo out, and motor to do a lot of revs at 100kph.

So you work at Downer then?

Yea mate i'm a draughtsman at downer. Do you work around there too?

with the tyres when i first got it i took it to firestone and they gave me the option of them so my speedo didnt go out, because it is already out by 10km and didnt really want it out by 20km at 100km. have always wanted them smaller since though.

Am going to lower it a little more this weekend, try get it to 100mm from 150mm and see how it looks then.

Cheers

Are the rims 15s?

these would have come stock with 14s yes? And monster spec tyres? Maybe someone can do the calcs for ratios, but I can't see how that 10% would work out?

Can get speedo recalibrated anyway. Or sell those, get narrower but more legit rims and slam equal amounts.

they are 195/60/15 on a 15x8 and came factory on 195/65/14's, the tyre shop kept the same rolling distance between the 14's and 15's when i got them. just waiting for them to wear down, and will get some 185/55/15?? not selling they wheels, its only a daily.

wheelimage.php?tyrediameter=609.1&tyrewidth=195&tyrecirc=1913.544083115&wheelwidth=139.7&wheeldia=355.6&offset=25&poke=44.85&inset=94.85&aspect=65&tyrediameter2=615&tyrewidth2=195&tyrecirc2=1932.07947975&wheelwidth2=203.2&wheeldia2=381&offset2=0&poke2=101.6&inset2=101.6&aspect2=60

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea the irs in the rear. Gives amazing camber. Not really much happening with it, just driving it all over the country. I think I must be sinking lower on the chopped springs as speed bumps are leaving some big scrapes underneath now. That or I'm finding taller speedbumps. Front spoiler should be nearly finished. Just waiting for the fibreglasser to drop it off.

• 1 year later...