Couple of wiring Qs - relays/fuses etc

oldrx

Ok so im wiring up 4 new relays (ignition cranking, ignition running, elec fan, fuel pump). Im using the original wiring to trigger the relays.

Im just doing the ignition at the moment - and i've got my switching wires sorted.

Q - to power the relays (12v from battery) do i have to run 4 seperate wires from the batt or can i run one big fuck off one and somehow tee it into the 4 relays?

Q - 4 x earths - just stick them to the closest bare bit of body? Or run wires back to neg terminal on batt?

Q - ive got a block for 4 inline fuses im going to wire in one for ea relay - for 40A relays - use 30A fuses?

-yes you can run a single big wire, that would be standard

-you can run it to the car body, just make sure that its really good contact, i used rivnuts on my car. Alternatively you can join the earths together and run a single bigger line back to the battery

-relays can probably handle way more than whatever they are powering, you want to put the fuse so that its the weakest link and wont damage anything else like wiring or old switches etc