Ae82 uneven rear brakes

ms53_wagon

hey,

wof time and the GT has failed on uneven rear brakes.

first time round both the handbrake and footbrake were low on the rear left. This made me think it may be something with the caliper. got a new caliper and fully bleed all brakes. this time round handbrake is sweet but footbrake still low on left rear.

Must be something to do with the valving?

what should i do next? is there just 1 valve that proportions the rear brakes? is this located on the firewall?

Cheers

bieng a gt it will have disc rears and the caliper is also the handbrake yes?

id make sure all the caliper slides are working properly and give them a good clean out/grease, maybe work the piston back and forth a couple of times in the caliper to make sure its not sticking.

if not there should be a proportioning valve for the rears which is usually located on the firewall follow the rear steel brake line from the master cylinder to the firewall and there should be a valve lookinig thing located there, unsure of how many pipes are coming out of this but i assume 2 one for left and one for right. try removing this and cleaning it out thoroughly as sometimes they get a bit of dirt/silt stuck in there partially blocking it so the brakes will get some but not all the pressure, if that doesnt work id try replacing it with a good one. give it a real good bleed, staring at lr then rr then lf then rf should hopefully be all good after that

double check none of your steel lines have taken a hit by debris or been crimped also as that would cause it

andrew