Ryans(camo_78) P.I.T.A. 96 GTB

camo_78

just bought this,did a engine swap on it for a guy but its had overheating issues since so i offered to buy it and he accepted.specs are

95 GT engine(have original GTB motor,blown BHGs atm)

auto(get me a manual conversion for cheap and ill pay you in beer at next years nats :wink: )

turbo timer(cheap shit tm job but works well enough)

17 advanti nemesis(i own these,changing it back to stock gtb 17s asap)

old school sony headunit

otherwise its stock as :lol:

plans are

fix and refit GTB motor(bigger injectors,turbos etc)

lowering(new shocks and struts,WONT be refitting bilsteins at 500 bux A corner :? )

front kit(not a fan of stock bumper)

GT grill(dont like GTB grills)

tidy up and refit standard 17s

bigger exhaust(stock at the mo,how many subarus have that?!?!?)

Cold air intake

front mount intercooler

MANUAL CONVERSION

possibly make it rwd(not too sure yet)

tints(hate driving fishbowls)

new sounds(courtesy of my cefiro,pioneer headunit,fusion 6" fronts,panasonic amp,2xJVC 12" subs)

respray(either original green or gloss black)

anyone would think im a sucker for punishment,owning this,the cortina,the panelvan AND a cefiro,lol

anyway,to the pictures

27520112.jpg

27520113.jpg

1091509.jpg

1091510.jpg

if anyone wants parts from the mk5 and silver legacy behind it in last picture let me know,am wrecking them both out at the mo(although not much of the cortina left now,its hiding under the inflatable boat)

damn it,lost what i had typed for this post :? .to cut it short,motor i fitted has BHG too,cant change to gt grill as its different,flaming subaru and their small differences.and have the front kit on,had to cut 5mm ish out of centre and relief cut under left headlight due to it flexing when bolted up to guard.

pictures:

29520112.jpg

29520113.jpg

yes,thats a alto in the background,48,000km from new and its a 1990 :shock:

29520111.jpg

2952011.jpg

ive only had it 5 days,but yes,low is on the plan,bit awkward with chch roads at the moment though.and the kit thats on it is barely bigger than a factory bumper,but looks more aggresive so its staying on

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pictureless updates are useless i know,but ive started aquiring manual conversion parts.to be exact all i need now is a flywheel,pressure plate and clutch plate,slave cylinder and maybe clutch fork(with pivot).so far has cost me under 500 bux so not complaining.

motor wise GTB motor is ripped apart,head gaskets were toasted well and truely.just checking everything before it goes back together,hoping and praying the heads arent warped or cracked but we all know that prick murphy :?

• 2 weeks later...

small update,started glassing front kit back together today before doing work on the cortinas engine bay.should be as solid as now yeah right

dscf9139v.jpg

please excuse the tape,its to stop the resin making too much mess,lol

• 4 weeks later...

pictureless update,however will have pics tonight.currently fitted motor is coming out today,spent most of yesterday unhooking everything,just mounts and exhaust left to do now before the lift.if i can find the old head gaskets (out of motor going back in)ill throw pictures of them up,they were the worst 1s ive ever seen.gearbox wise its going manual this time(at least one thing can be done off my list :lol: ),im using a 94 Wrx box thats been converted to RWD,so should make things interesting and probably hairy,but its all fun and games.oh,and im front mount i/c'ing it too,mainly in the interest of not getting heatsoak like the factory top mount does.just waiting to hear back about piping for it atm :)

picture dump :lol:

gtb-now with cheese grater :lol:

dscf9558g.jpg

dscf9559.jpg

dscf9562.jpg

new(well,reconned)long block

dscf9566.jpg

current lair

dscf9567.jpg

anyone care to translate all these numbers??(besides EJ20,lmao)

dscf9569.jpg

flywheel fitted for clutch

dscf9571.jpg

new block in

dscf9574.jpg

tomorrows mission:fit gearbox and all underside parts 8)

ok,so achieved 50% of todays goal,lol.clutch pivot pin was being a kernt so spent a couple of hours swearing at it before a mate who owned a bg5 gt wagon came round and got it out in about 2 seconds flat.so gearbox is in and all bolted in place,gearshift is a little sloppy but i think thats shifter more than anything.tomorrows mission is get driveshafts etc in so i can tow the damn thing home to finish it,grandparents need their garage back as i have both the wagon and cortina in there at the moment :rolleyes: .all going to plan we should be driving by next weekend.......yeah right :lol: