Lincooln's 1975 Renault R12 Estate Project

Lincooln

Well I thought it was about bloody time that I put up a build thread for my main project.

Its a NZ assembled 1975 R12 Estate. Being NZ assembled and a 75 model it has a real mix of different parts s is making a hard job of finding parts even harder. Oh the difficulties of owning a unique vehicle. :rolleyes::D

anyway the main thing is too get the brakes overhauled, renew the master cylinder, new brake discs, pads, shoes and braided lines for reliability, brakes are one thing that I dont skimp on. Just got to get a fuel filter put in and do a custom mount for a pod filter as the original filter is now no longer made or availble form anywhere, but I will keep it standard looking if possible. Further future plans include either a metallic green paint with white BBS RS's or a matt gun metal with red BBS RS's and chrome lips. If Icant get the BBS's in the right stud pattern (Three stud) I have also found these wheels. Would be in a 14" as 13" seems to small, especially if I want to stretch rubber too. and finally lower it with bit of audio. Just a nice simple cruiser.

Plan is to have it road legal by Next summer. hopefully have it at the 4 and rotary nats 2012

ahh its been sitting in dry storage for about 12 years then we had to move it out so gave me more motivation to get stuff done. :D

gonna get a guy who works at a mates paint shop, (Steve Levine / imagin' airing) to have the few bits of rust done as funds allow once brakes are done and its drivable. I ordered some new headlight bulbs to replace the one that blew. (only thing that doesn't work on the car) but as usual they are not available in NZ, so they on way from england. 4 bulbs for $35 incl shipping is pretty good I thought

umm so thats it for now.

any questions ask away. Picture thread here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26766

cheers

Lincoln

ok so I forgot a couple of things, I have put in a new ignition barrel as we couldn't find the old one so now I will keep the old one in its original place and put the new one under the dash out of view. Then I will fit central locking with a remote as I dont have door keys either and need to get a new fuel cap too. clean the dash, get rid of beginning bits of rust on the floor and make sure underneath is sorted. all ready for the re vin.

It also had retractable seat belts put in before I got it, oil pressure and water temp gauges added too with feet heating for rear passengers.

Think I got everything now. but as you can see its nothing major at the moment.

long way in future I might fit a Fuego turbo motor to it with the gearbox out of it too. It is just sitting round getting rusty after all. :wink:

cheers guys. I will l;oad pics tonight hopefully of the Fuego. It might even be for sale for the right price :wink: I would rather see it "restored" than cut up and rusting away. Was a fun car to be in. Even ran up to 15psi. Dad used to love.

cheers