1vaknd's 82 ej20 KP

1vaknd

okay so i have been lucky and busy tonight! scored a set of evo 6 cusco adjusties and am using them (modified) on all four corners up front i have disassembled the shocks as they were fkd and wil use the sleeve over the factory struts with shortened bilstien shocks.

on the rears i just need to get a top hat made up to hold the spring and a top bush simmillar to factory style and use the pillow ball joint on the bottom and mount that to factory strut mount on diff

a57b12f1.jpg

yes they wont fit where factory strut goes so just a lil more hacking and welding and they will be SWEET!!!!!

so have also modified front camber plates to suit my application. so i now have cusco starlet camber plates an am able to get to the 9th mark on the degrees marks but no gaurentee it will be same degrees on the starlet

c0003397.jpg

c240612d.jpg

8089d4a3.jpg

f9a1d287.jpg

also recently i have been setting up for my watts link, bit fidly and a few runs to the engineering shop and should have it finnished soon.

d3862c72.jpg

5da45c98.jpg

also for a laugh, compairing my kp axle to my hilux axel

655d4fbb.jpg

ab3e9ef1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

thank you long week end, boredom and rain. for getting me off the couch haha. got a bit more done today with the adjusties.

this is what the shock mount looks like from factory as yas would know

f71ced16.jpg

d563caa0.jpg

8ccaf247.jpg

and this is what ive done to suit the adjusties

b07a61dd.jpg

e9c65cf0.jpg

9e96f3e8.jpg

32d8de96.jpg

f6016b1f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Another update. Have got a bit done on my front end suspension. With talking to Todd I have chosen to go with ke70 stuff. Here's the picks any way. They should explain themselves

8b01bf5c.jpg

33b23bec.jpg

de280965.jpg

50ca3fa5.jpg

33b24cae.jpg

39460e23.jpg

57240230.jpg

b80c6d6c.jpg

34caae5f.jpg

Thank goodness for the rotisserie there's no way I would do any of this otherwise

Okay this is a rough outline of plans for front end suspension setup

KE70

castor arms

Castor arm brackets

Lower control arms

And using cross member to mock up for my tube frame one

Steering arms slightly modified

Steering rack pushed forward to give better mechanical advantage

Ae86

Swaybar

Ra26 (i think)

Struts

Custom camber plates and HSD coilovers welded on.The eve adjusts I got are 50mm I'd and the ra struts are 51 Id gutted. Owell make some adjusts for the daily kp

Ms63,65

5stud hubs

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I've almost got my tube frame crossmember finished. Only thing left to do is drill holes for lca's and the top brackets for engine mounts. Why you ask? Well I have custom made a cross member due to needing the brackets for the lca's to be further apart and con lower my roll center while I'm at it. And because I have also moved the steering rack forward 20mm so I can gain better mechanical advantage on full lock.

a8b0c4bf.jpg

2160f2e7.jpg

c5bc2bb9.jpg

Okay. So front suspension is complete minus my Ra struts. Little bit of modding to be done ie steering rack spacers, shorten the steering arms and make lower control arms adjustable. Then get some rca's and then brakes time. This is how it looks as of now anyway.

be98642f.jpg

34c71cac.jpg

609c389f.jpg

d88e664a.jpg

And here's my rear trailing arms. I will be running equal length trailing arms so will make a start on the brackets later on today. More holes in the floor haha.

9d56acce.jpg

6d54c0a7.jpg

7d9ef332.jpg

3414cb0c.jpg

And the wide body held on with masking tape

a6a226c3.jpg

okay heres some better qaulity photos for yas all.

rear four link is all mocked up and ready to be wellded up. have all my bolts and brackets sorted for watts link, will go in and order arms tommorow.

frony hubs and rear axels have been turned down to fit rotors. brakes have been finalized. series 6 rx7 rotor up front with the subaru 4 pots, and series 4 rx7 rotors on the rear running factory calipers with internal handbrake and brembo 2 pots for hydraulic hand brake. brakes are running off 2 5/8 mastercylinders on brake pedal under the dash, 1 for front 1 for rear. cluth will be the same under the dash.

have modified steering collumn to suit subaru stuff. have up and down adjustment on steering wheel and run suby indicator cluster. more adjustment on windo wiper

100_1003.jpg

100_1002.jpg

100_1001.jpg

100_1000.jpg

100_0999.jpg

100_0998.jpg

100_0996.jpg

100_0995.jpg

100_0994.jpg

100_0993.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0991.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got front of gaurs all mocked up nowan back attached properly. Harder part is trying to get wheel clearance on turn in.( doesn't make it easier having camber fully wound up) but will give me enough clearance to be at max castor if neccesary.(probably not)

1vaknd001-1.jpg

Will be leaving a vent next to end cap as it would look reali weird if it was boxed up

1vaknd002-1.jpg

1vaknd003-1.jpg

1vaknd004-1.jpg

1vaknd005-1.jpg

1vaknd006-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...