Johns RMX250

johnnyfive

Nice thread - almost nostalgic.

When I was in high school I used to ride (a not so legal) IT200 around on the road and 'go places' and do lots of wheelies, and I generally stunk like a very oil rag.

Last bike I had was 2001 RM250 - was a mental machine.

Don't think I ever got use / comfortable on it in the year I had it.

But the suspension on it was to die for.

[/off to trade me for some sweet dreams]

• Like 2

Awesome!

Yeah, as far as using it for what it was intended for I couldn't fault it. 

When I started using it for sillier things it got a bit impractical.

Was good at driving down walkways/stairs etc though. Was fun to transition from road to not the road very quickly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just checking in as have found Johns RMX

Its sitting in my Garage its Now Marks RMX (BTW Johns a nice guy but lives a long way from Auckland if your buying a bike off him  :shock: )

Will see if I can post some pic's and have done a few things and been a few places  :-D

• Like 2

Will try the picture thingy 

:-)
I still find myself looking at these and various other similar bikes on TM very often

Its free to look  :wink:, BTW thanks for the great trade, as I said have done a few things, New tires, Bold New Graphics', and a bit of a tidy up, am trying to figure out how to post pics on this sight, so will have a look in the tutorials 

• Like 1

Got it, what ya think ? The thing is I'd Ridden 50ks on the road then 50ks on the beach up the dunes and down this one, The RMX thinks its a motorcross bike and even when its on the road  :badgrin:, but the way it floated across the sand, It may well have got back up this Dune, but since I was on my own thought I best not try  :|

Pictures028_zps322d8a2f.jpg

• Like 5