EvoBillys offroad Kart of Death + other Destractions

EvoBilly

right everyone else is so i wanted to get in on the fun

just before xmas last year i found a offroad gokart didn't know nothing about it just that it had been sitting in a wood shed for 12 years, i talked to the owner and he said his son had tried to get it going but all the wires cought fire and the battery exploded, next question was wanna sell it his answer was yes and it was mine.

got it home and started to have a look over it someone has built it using parts of a mini, honda bike and a midgit cage parts.

the frame is covered in serface rust witch i'll need to sand and paint (any tips on the easy way to do this let me know)

found a basic guide to wire up the engine so followed that and put a batterey in turned the key and pressed the start button and it wound over pluged in the coils and it had spark :shock: things were looking good put fuel in and boom it was a runner.

next was to free up the sezed clutch pedal got that free and working in 20 mins by that time i was sick of waiting

jumped in fired it up time to see how it goes dumped the clutch spun the wheels was off down the street lucky no cops were round :evil: had it in first was just bout lifting the wheels off the ground poped it in to second and my street is short so was time to stop

it was at this point i relized what i hadn't looked at yet i pushed the break pedal and NOTHING straght through the intersection with my eyes closed till i rolled to a stop lol put it in first and took it easy to get it home so i could look at why i had no stopers.

(i'll get some better photos on here later this is all i could find for now)

2821_85263611569_679246569_2377869_8381984_n.jpg

got it back home found the breaks were mini drums and sezed managed to get them free and gave them a quick blead found the line to the rear drums was broken so i blocked it off thought just the front should be fine like a car the main breaks are the front plus this ment i should be able to do stand stills :twisted:

so we took it down to the mud flats in the weekend had a mate follow me in the lux second gear was doing just over 50km and pulling away time to stop again foot on the break both front wheels lock up and i DON'T STOP just keep on going for ages (who needs to stop anyway)

18153_1357276772372_1245063072_31072727_2574668_n.jpg

kart specs

rusty frame

400cc honda 4 stroke

6 speed

cheap shocks

mini drum breaks

mini rims with atv tyres

will post more info and edit this post more later just in a rush during lunch at work :wink:

• 6 months later...

well decided to add to this as the kart has been sitting for a while now coz ive been taking on to many side projects

don't want this post to suck so time for some pics

the kart as it sits now with a broken axle

dscf1364l.jpg

the way fuel prices are i got this

dscf1236z.jpg

it is now been sold as needed cash to pay for projects its somewere in the north island

s14 project was thinking rb30 but now its just tidy and sell want oldschool car more

dscf1222gk.jpg

tried to outsurce my work but all they do is lay around

dscf1246o.jpg

corona got given came with alot of dents and a big tin of bog so decided to work on my bog skills followed by a spay can matt black paint job

dscf1369v.jpg

so the misses said i have to do up my sons room so sorted some new wall paper for him :twisted:

dscf1046j.jpg

got a s14 parts car to tidy up my other s14

dscf1225l.jpg

got a new family car bmw 528i

dscf1226k.jpg

driving to nelson the other day and a frog tried to have a game of chicken with me not sure who came out worse the frog dead or my kit damaged lol

dscf1161ll.jpg

dscf1163p.jpg

the daily work runner is now for sale as some people think i have to many cars so some of them need to go so cash can be spent on the cool cars

dscf1230hu.jpg

libero 4wd with blown tranz to fix and sell half way through the fix

dscf1365w.jpg

the ute coz everyone should have a ute they so handy to pick shit up with (might start its on project thred when i get on it)

dscf1366l.jpg

primera to fix and sell

dscf1371.jpg

the parts primera to wreck and to use to fix the other one

dscf1373i.jpg

there will be more to add to this at a later time but that will do for now :)

• 3 months later...

so i sold my honda domani and have brought a eb2 civ for a parts car

car of the year photos

just befor going to the car crusher

8216_158816826569_679246569_3387552_7167850_n.jpg

8216_158816806569_679246569_3387548_6764935_n.jpg

8216_158816821569_679246569_3387551_6285092_n.jpg

Mods:

duct tape holding it together

custom number plate

slamed with no struts

striped out weight reduction