Help - my nuts are too small

shavenYak

as above.

Need to decide what to do regarding my new wheels - got some new white ones to... go with the red ones!

IMG_7263Small.jpg

IMG_7262Small.jpg

The wheel studs on the suzuki are 10mm x 1.25 and the nuts are too small for the rims - the hex part of the nut starts to dig into the taper just as it gets tight.

Figure I should check a fastening shop for bigger ones with 10mm hole, but what are the legals of wheel nuts? would obviously need to be a certain strength?

Other option is I drill out the car's existing stud holes, I'm thinking this might be the best option. Is this ok to do myself on a drill press?

Simon, your alto must have this issue as well with certain wheels?

Simon, your alto must have this issue as well with certain wheels?

Indeed.

I was planning to swap the studs to some s13 ones that I got.

Then I could run normal bolts.

All you would need to do is re drill the stud holes a bit bigger.

I can have a look and see if I can find them if you want?

I won't use them.

I can have a look and see if I can find them if you want?

I won't use them.

that's ok man I've got access to 12mm ones, but just wasn't sure exactly how to go about redrilling and if it was ok?

I was just going to take the hubs off (to get the original studs out) and whack a bigger drill through the hole. Same with the rear drums.

Yeah it will be ok. Get the holes straight and the correct size for the spline part of the stud to grip.

go to a parts place appco, had a book full of different mag nuts, some that had a shank then the taper i recall seeing. If you have to engineer it, it'll cost. Do some research and i'm sure something will be around - maybe later hubs have bigger studs? Could be worth a look going through the bearings to see if a similar model has what you require but will bolt on.